Laundry with kids
How’s your laundry looking?
If you’re like us, you can’t stand the thought of clean clothes strewn on the floor, waiting to be folded and put away.
When you have kids, this is a major issue. The pile of clean clothes isn’t just a mess—it’s a constant reminder that you should be folding things and putting them away so your family can wear those nice clean shirts and pants.
But it doesn’t have to be this way! We’ve got five tips for getting your family to help with the laundry so that it stays folded and put away as soon as it comes out of the dryer:
- Set aside one hour during the week when everyone can fold their own clothes together.
- Find a fun TV show everyone likes, or get some snacks, then make an event out of it!
- Make it into an art project! Fold everything like origami, or tie-dye everything first!
- Leave some special surprises in the laundry (like candy or toys) for when they find them while folding.
- Reward good behavior with a family outing, like bowling or mini golfing!